Mechanic – Marine Diesel and Gas
Marion, MA 02738
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
We are currently seeking to add an experienced, skilled mechanic to our team.
Burr Brothers Boats, Inc. is a full-service boat yard located on Sippican Harbor in Marion, MA. We employ 40 skilled technicians to service boats up to 65 feet.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in a mechanical position, or equivalent skill
- Understanding of diesel and gas powered engines with the ability to easily identify and locate parts on an engine and other mechanical systems found on a typical boat
- Ability to work independently or part of a team
- Willingness to follow specific instruction and procedures
- Boat handling ability is not required, but is a plus
- Must have a valid license, reliable transportation and live within a reasonable distance
- Starting pay will be based on experience. Pay increases are based on demonstrated skill
- Mechanics average 45+ hours per week during the year, working Monday-Friday and Saturday mornings during our busy seasons (Spring and Fall). OT is paid for hours over 40. Mechanics with 5+ years experience in this industry can make $70,000+.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance, such as, fuel/oil changes, filter changes, replacement of raw water pump impellers, change zincs, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair non-routine engine issues
- Inspect, repair and/or adjust propellers, propeller shafts, stuffing boxes and engine alignment
- Repair engine mechanical equipment such as power tilts, bilge pumps or power take offs
- Assemble, dismantle and/or reassemble engines as needed
- Additional tasks as instructed by the mechanical foreman
Benefits including but not limited to:
- Competitive pay based on experience and demonstrated skill
- 401k and profit sharing program (profit sharing was approx. 5% of annual salary in 2020)
- Company wide bonus program (bonus was 5%+ of annual salary in 2020)
- Employer contributions for health and dental insurances (70-75% employer paid depending on the plan in 2020). We also offer a flexible spending account
- Vacation and sick time
- Employer paid training and certification programs