Mechanic – Marine Diesel and Gas
Salary: $55,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
We are currently seeking to add an experienced marine mechanic to our team.
Burr Brothers Boats, Inc. is a full-service boat yard located on Sippican Harbor in Marion, MA. We employ 40 skilled technicians to service boats up to 65 feet.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in a mechanical position, or equivalent skill.
- Understanding of diesel and gas powered engines with the ability to easily identify and locate parts on an engine.
- Ability to work independently or on a team.
- Can train an employee with a love of the boating industry and a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Boat handling ability is not required, but is a plus.
- Must have a valid license, reliable transportation and live within a reasonable distance.
- Starting pay will be based on experience. Pay increases are based on demonstrated skill.
- Mechanics average 45+ hours per week during the year, working Monday-Friday and Saturday mornings during our busy seasons (Spring and Fall).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance, such as, fuel/oil changes, filter changes, replacement of raw water pump impellers, change zincs, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair non-routine engine issues.
- Inspect, repair and/or adjust propellers, propeller shafts, stuffing boxes and engine alignment.
- Repair engine mechanical equipment such as power tilts, bilge pumps or power take offs.
- Assemble, dismantle and/or reassemble engines as needed.
- Additional tasks as instructed by the mechanical foreman.
Benefits including but not limited to:
- Competitive pay based on experience and demonstrated skill.
- 401k and profit sharing program (profit sharing was approx. 5% of annual salary in 2020).
- Company wide bonus program (bonus was 5%+ of annual salary in 2020).
- Employer contributions for health and dental insurances. We also offer a flexible spending account.
- Vacation and sick time.
- Employer paid training and certification programs.
- Free boat storage, hauling/launching, wholesale parts, labor discounts, etc. for employee owned boat.