Experienced Marine Paint Technician
Marion, MA 02738
Burr Brothers Boats, Inc. is a family owned and operated, full-service yacht yard located on Sippican Harbor in Marion, MA. We employ 40 skilled craftsmen to service yachts up to 65 feet. The focus of our operation is to provide maintenance, repair and renovation to customers who wants to keep up the value of their yachts and enjoy trouble free boating.
We value stability with a goal of giving our employees a lifelong career. We have several current employees who have been with us over 25 years and many employees who have been with us for their entire career. Burr Brothers Boats offers a generous bonus and profit sharing program, top annual salaries for hard working technicians, a 401k plan and exceptional health benefits.
We are currently seeking an experienced Marine Paint Technician available to work Monday through Friday (8:00am – 4:30pm), and Saturdays from 8:00am – 12:00pm as work flow permits. Work flow may also permit additional overtime opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have applicable experience painting and/or varnishing in the marine industry. Experience with spray applications and working in a spray booth is a plus. Our painters must have a high attention to detail, be highly organized, neat by habit, be able to work effectively in tight spaces, easily follow direction and have dependable character.
We can teach skills and will have ample training opportunities for the right person. The successful candidate will have applicable experience but will also be looking to continuously improve and learn new skills.
- Knowledge of marine paint and varnish products
- Experience with gelcoat and/or Awlgrip a plus
- Careful attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, listen and take direction
- Ability to lift fifty pounds when needed, move around a dock, on a ladder, or in a tight space while remaining safe and without damaging property
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to keep track and write down work performed and parts used.
- Must be able to work well with all members of our team
- Ability to follow written work orders, take notes while performing work and communicate the work performed effectively to service writers, foreman and occasionally the customer.
- Experience in a boat yard/marina is a plus
- Dedication to perform their job well while keeping a positive attitude
- Follow established policies and procedures as they are specified so coworkers can rely on their actions
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mark, tape off and prep boats for painting/varnish
- Abrade, prep and paint boat bottoms
- Wash, buff and wax boats and dinghys
- Clean boat interiors
- Polish stainless-steel hardware
- Prep, varnish/oil various areas of teak
- If skillset permits, spray applications such as Awlgrip, gel-coat and/or varnish
- Clean, prep and paint/stain floats and boat ramps